Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Genesis: The Future is Now

During the Christmas and New Year hol’s of 2008/2009, a long seen family friend visited us for a whole day, cousins that I have not seen for six good years where now big and mature boys and girls, at their sight I was shy and couldn’t relate with them properly as we did six years back, I was the first to see them and I couldn’t even hug them because I welcomed them in to the house, though I was older than all of them, at least I age the eldest by three to four years older.

After welcoming them in stylishly which I know they observed, I went into my room to balance myself, stayed there for a while pretending to be doing something, if possible I will never step out till they leave, but unfortunately, they (younger ones) found their way into my room, I was compelled to come out of my shell and begin to relate with them, we got talking, tried to relive old memoirs, see if they would catch up, and as we were having fun I asked one the most common kid question, “what do you want to become in the future?”, with delight and sharp as a little girl she gave me response and instantly she threw back the question at me, which I wasn’t expecting, puzzled and disturbed unaware of the surrounding, I paused, froze and thought about the question.

The analysis I did in my head, was so many per milliseconds, first was, what is the meaning of future? The future she is asking is it the future I had when I was younger and aspiring? or is it the future I’m thinking today for tomorrow? I tried to balance the future I had when i was younger with the future i'm in today, still I couldn't answer her.

Today is the tomorrow we talked about yesterday, all these are in one space connected to us and are all happening now.

1 comment: